Card & Stamps Packs Now Available
Friday, 27 March 2020
We can now send you packs of 4 or 10 cards, along with stamps.
Something other than a bill through the letterbox with a bit of cheery news, the reassurance that someone is thinking about you, or to celebrate an event you can’t be part of? Something to put up, so each time someone sees it, know they are not alone?
If you can do this, with the resources you already have at home, please do, as it will mean a lot to those that hear from you. You might even like to think about sending a few blank cards to someone, so they can keep in touch with you or others.
If you need more cards, we have plenty in stock from our usual great range, which are all blank inside, so brillant for your own news. We can now post out packs and stamps.
How to Order Card & Stamp Packs
- Choose a pack of 4 or 10 cards and 2nd class stamps. The price includes delivery and stamps at cost price. £12 for 4 cards or £29 for 10. Stamps will be 2nd class.
- Pay by paypal on our website. Email, phone or message if you want to pay by card, cheque or have any other queries. Be sure to include a delivery address.
- Tel: 07712 575905
- Email: email@example.com
- Designs will be mixed, pictures are for illustration only. Let me know if there are any specific style or occasions you’re looking for, maybe:
- flowers / garden
- nature / Scottish
- dogs / cats,
- Please be patient; delivery will be 2nd class mail, and delivery times may vary just now.
- Write your notes of good cheer and post them on. In rural areas you have always been able to give stamped mail to the postie. Someone that is already coming to your house with groceries or other essentials may be kind enough to drop them into a letterbox for you. You don’t need to give them money and you are not asking them to enter a post office. Packs will include a note that says ‘stamped mail to collect please’ for display, for example in a window.
These cards are at home while I waited to see what restrictions were coming in and worked how to do this safely. I can put these packs in my local rural post box safely, without coming into contact with anyone.
I took the decision to close the gallery last Friday, a few days before the government asked non-essential shops to do so, due to my own concerns about how best to protect our customers, suppliers and ourselves.
Since then, I have continued to think about what to do for the best, as physical separation for humankind is not a natural state, although obviously it’s absolutely for the best right now. I have also spoken on the ‘phone to some friends who have concerns about those that are now socially isolated for a significant time, and the effect this may have on them. For many people, coming out and meeting others has been a valued part of their days, otherwise spent alone. They may not have any internet access, especially if older, meaning the TV or radio, currently full of pretty hard going news, is their only contact with events in the outside world. I can only imagine that might become quite a scary situation, and if ever there was time for a friendly word, it is now. Is that where a card comes in? That’s where this idea came from. If you think this might be of help to anyone else, please pass on, and help people keep in touch at this time.
Mail ordering any other items from the gallery at the moment is obviously tricky. The card packs aim to safely meet a need in the current climate.
It's the weekend, and we have somewhere for you to go!
Emer Beattie is throwing open the doors to her home today at 3pm, to launch her first solo exhibition, and you're invited to join her online. "My friend as...
Card & Stamps Packs Now Available
We can now send you packs of 4 or 10 cards, along with stamps. Something other than a bill through the letterbox with a bit of cheery news, the reassurance that someon...
Ringo’s Back in Dingwall!
Beatle’s starring role in fab quilt exhibition Last spotted in Dingwall at the Town Hall in January 1963, a recreation of Ringo Starr’s face in fabric form...
Orkney artist inspired by new wood
Dingwall gallery shop revamp rolls back the years
Vogue travel writer shops at Golpsie Gallery
Liz Wellington, who 'writes her way around the world' recently ventured a few steps off the NC500 to our wee corner of Golspie. Our working studios and gallery feature in...
Designer / Maker Opportunity
Our current in-house weaver is nearing the completion of her graduate placement and will then head abroad for the next stage of her career. So, from autumn 2018, there is...